Tustin Legacy 14
Jamboree & Barranca, Tustin, CA.
Current Use: Film/First Run
Grand Opening Press Release (6/27/07)
Tustin, Calif. – Orange County will “Experience the Difference®” when AMC Tustin 14 opens to the public on Wednesday, June 27. Guests will have the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience, as the state-of-the-art theatre will feature four auditoriums with screens more than three stories high and 50 feet wide.
As the entertainment anchor of The District at Tustin Legacy, AMC Tustin 14 will open with the highly anticipated film “Live Free or Die Hard,” and will show “Transformers” and “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” in July. Plus, all guests who visit the theatre from June 27-July 1 will receive a free small popcorn with each ticket purchased.
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and megaplex concepts. The company, which was founded in 1920, has a deep commitment to guest satisfaction and believes that everyone is a VIP when visiting an AMC theatre.
As guests begin their VIP experience at AMC Tustin 14, they will be greeted by a fountain in the theatre courtyard and a glass façade more than 30-feet high. AMC’s signature design concepts will highlight the new theatre, including sensational high-mural celebrity graphics, entertaining directors’ series photographs and a modern-day rendition of the red carpet. The theatre will also be complete with tables and chairs and a custom gaming area in the lobby, and will feature AMC’s signature quality, comfort, service, convenience and commitment to guest satisfaction.
AMC Tustin 14 will showcase state-of-the art amenities including:
- Fourteen auditoriums with more than 3,000 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear, unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC’s exclusive and ultra-comfortable LoveSeat®-style seating featuring “articulating” backs and lifting cupholder armrests.
- State-of-the-art Dolby® Digital Surround EX in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium, featuring four auditoriums with screens that are more than three stories high and 50 feet wide.
- ISCO OPTIC® Ultra-Star * HD Plus Film Projection Lenses to achieve optimal screen luminance and image resolution.
- AMC’s proprietary Digital Theatre Distribution System® (DTDS) for enhanced pre-show entertainment that includes a first-look access to everything from movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
- Closed Captioning which emits a caption that hearing impaired moviegoers can pick up with a device that slips into their cupholder, and Descriptive Video for moviegoers who are sight impaired are both available.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers’ favorite theatrical food and beverage options, including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online at www.amctheatres.com.
- Four Automated Box Offices (ABOs) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up.
Moviegoers visiting AMC Tustin 14 can expect to enjoy industry-leading guest programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations including:
- A.M.Cinema® – provides morning guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price ($6) of the day before noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. (Digital 3-D will be $8.)
- AMC SELECTSM – provides guests a year-round selection of the most exciting and diverse films at the state-of-the-art AMC Tustin 14. Simply put, special films belong in special venues.
- Clip’s PicksSM – a first in the theatre industry, gives guests the opportunity to save at the concession stand when they select items from the value menu. Items can be purchased for $3 each or three for $7.50, representing a savings of more than 15 percent when purchased together. Clip’s Picks value menu is available seven days a week, all day at all of AMC’s locations in the United States and Canada (except Quebec).
- AMC MovieWatcher® – the industry’s first moviegoer loyalty program that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased. Rewards increase when an account is activated online at MovieWatcher.com.
Located at the south terminus of The District at Tustin Legacy, AMC Tustin 14 is the entertainment anchor and part of the one-million-square-foot lifestyle center.
Click on images for larger view