Laguna Theatre (also known as the Ocean Avenue Lynn)
250 Ocean Ave., Laguna Beach, CA. 92651
Closed: circa 1951
Current Use: NA
Seating: 374 seats Slope
The Laguna Theatre opened as the Ocean Ave. Lynn, around 1922. Operated by the Aufdenkamp family, who also founded the original Lynn Theatre, on Forest Ave., and later the Coast Highway’s Lynn/New Lynn, this site initially served as a temporary venue, while the Pacific Coast Highway Lynn Theatre was under construction and when the coast Lynn was rebuilt in to the New Lynn. Following the New Lynn’s opening, the Ocean Ave. site appears to have continued on as a cinema, all be it in a somewhat sporadic fashion. The theatre was sold to the Vincent family in 1936 and renamed the Laguna Theatre; continuing use as a cinema until the early 1950’s. The building was later razed and the site is now a parking lot for Wells Fargo Bank.